Tuesday, 14 June 2011

To new friends

Hi everyone!

My name is Rebecca but everyone calls me Becca. Before I dig in about myself I just want to say what a cool idea this is. I love meeting people from all over and this is genius!

Ok.

I'm 25 years old and will be 26 on august 9th. I currently live in Pensacola, FL. I have been here for only 4 days. In the past 2 years I have lived in Kentucky, Rhode Island, Nevada, Missouri and now Florida. Insane right!? I guess you could say my husband and I truly love adventure. We recently got married this past October in the incredible New England foliage on a lake. We wear wedding bands made of oak
and proudly walked down the aisle in our TOMS shoes. We shared our wedding night with 20 of our closest friends and family and bunked up in cabins in the woods. We spent 9 months traveling around the country in our prius and tent camping everywhere we went. So that gives you a little more insight into our life style and why we move around so much! We like change and growth and movement!

I grew up in RI with my sister Emily who is 3 years younger than me and both my patents. I've been so fortunate to have so much family around me all the time. All 4 of my grandparents danced on my wedding day along with 100 of my other relatives that I am close with. It's a big crazy Jewish family!!

I grew up learning a lot about the Jewish faith. I even speak a little Hebrew still. But spiritually
I feel connected to God through other means. I'm a little stuck in the 'religion' department. But overall I am a very spiritual centered and peaceful person. I see beauty everywhere. I can't help it!

I became a vegetarian when I was 18 and never looked back. I now eat a predominantly vegan diet and feel amazing when I stick to it! I'm a huge follower of Alicia Silverstone's: The Kind Diet. She even featured my blog, bpositive. bfree on her website!!

I run. A lot! I ran my first marathon in April and plan on doing another this winter. I love to knit. I recently knit some vegetable baby rattles for a friend with twins!

My husband is an entrepreneur which gives me a lot of freedom. I work when I want to but when I need time for me I take it. My blog had really developed from that kind of freedom. Adam, my husband is the kindest most loving person I know. We're a team in every sense of the word.

I think that's all for now. Here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure. Since I just moved it's taking me some time to get through all my e mails and stuff. I can't wait to have a few minutes to sit down and get to know all of you. Thanks for reading!



OH yeah and I love having new facebook friends! Find me as Rebecca Tillinghast!


Love,
Becca

8 comments:

  1. Hello Becca! Nice to meet you :-)

    It was so interesting to read about your life! You truly love adventure. That means, that you never get bored in your life, right?

    I'll add you on facebook right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Becca, your life seems crazy, in a very very positive way! :D I like this free spirit aura that surround you (hopefully I'm making sense xD )

    I'm very fascinated by Jewish faith, hope to learn more from you!

    Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becca,
    Wow you seem like such a sweet and free Spirt. I think I can learn alot from you and hopre to do so!

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becca,

    Your life seems really exciting! I also get bored easily of one place. How are you liking Florida so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi everyone! Thanks for the nice comments. In a word about how much I'm liking Florida? LOVE!! haha it's amazing here. People are so amazingly friendly and laid back. It really suits my speed of living life :) I'm very happy to be getting know all of you. I think we can learn a lot from one another! Lima I'd be glad to answer any questions you have about Judaism!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becca, it's nice to meet you!

    I totally agree with you, this idea of the blog was definitely genius.

    Too funny, I guess it is a bit insane [but not in a bad way!] to live all those places in just two years time. lol

    Like you, I love adventure and have lived in 6 states [Pennsylvania, New York, Kansas, Arkansas, Virginia and Delaware!] but didn't live in all of them within two years. ha!

    I so miss seeing other places but with no vehicle, it's a bit harder to get around than it used to be. : )

    Though I love seeing new places, I am not a person who likes camping. My idea of 'roughing it' is a hotel with no jacuzzi. ha!

    That is awesome about your grandparents all being able to dance at your wedding, it is a memory I'm sure you'll always treasure.

    I too am a vegetarian though I don't eat a huge variety of the foods I'm guessing many vegetarians eat [and I do eat cheese]. Alot of my meals are made with TVP and of course, the seasonings for it.

    That's cool that you have run a marathon, I'm not even sure that I'd make it by "walking" in a marathon. lol

    I'm a bit [okay, more than a bit!] overweight and I know I don't exercise near as much as I should, though with having the stroller for Kyla now, I am walking more than I had been before.

    By the way, I've been to Rhode Island before and thought it was beautiful there and the ocean? Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becca! I know any posts we see from you will be delightfully interesting! ^.^ Such an exciting life!

    I would love to be able to just get up and leave, moving around whenever we pleased. I was actually just expressing that desire to my husband the other day. Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to do so when you have eight dogs to cart around! ^.^ It's hard for us to just leave for the weekend!

    I was a vegetarian in college, but I eat meat again now, although I still mainly prefer vegetarian dishes and limit my meat intake. Once my husband and I can establish our farm, we would like to raise our own steer for meat. That may seem cruel to some, but I would much rather eat meat that I raised and got to know myself, and know that it led a happy and fulfilling life and was completely natural with no hormones, than buy meat from a feed lot!

    Why did you decide to become a vegetarian/vegan?

    Looking forward to more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becca!

    I tried being a vegetarian a few years ago, but it sadly only lasted about three weeks, because I just can't stand vegetables. :x

    ReplyDelete